- ASX SPI 200 futures up 1.6% to 6,562.00
- Dow Average up 1.9% to 29,683.74
- Aussie up 1.4% to 0.6522 per US$
- U.S. 10-year yield fell 21.3bps to 3.7312%
- Australia 3-year bond yield rose 0.4 bps to 3.68%
- Australia 10-year bond yield rose 7.1 bps to 4.10%
- Gold spot up 1.9% to $1,659.98
- Brent futures up 3.3% to $89.10/bbl
- 10:30: (AU) Australia to Sell A$500 Million 56-Day Bills
- 10:30: (AU) Australia to Sell A$1.5 Billion 119-Day Bills
- 10:30: (AU) Australia to Sell A$500 Million 161-Day Bills
- 11:30: (AU) Aug. Job Vacancies QoQ, prior 13.8%
Tesco has made a major change to its self-checkout, leaving its customers in fits of laughter.
It’s as the supermarket giant is on the lookout for the new voice to play out in its stores.
Tesco are now holding X-Factor style auditions for those fancying being the new voice of its self-checkout machines.
So if you’ve ever wanted to say: “There’s an unexpected item in the bagging area” then now is your time to shine.
Marking the launch of their TikTok account, Tesco posted a video this week about the fun competition which has already racked up over a million views, MyLondon reports.
As explained in the video, one one lucky winner will get the chance to record those other iconic lines: “Don’t forget to scan or tap your Clubcard,” and “Clubcard accepted”.
This will then be played in selected Tesco self-service checkouts across the UK for a few weeks in November.
To top it all off, the winner will also receive a prize of 10,000 Clubcard points, equal to the value of £100.