- ASX SPI 200 futures up 0.3% to 7,171.00
- Dow Average up 2.0% to 31,880.24
- Aussie up 1.0% to 0.7110 per US$
- U.S. 10-year yield rose 7.0bps to 2.8514%
- Australia 3-year bond yield rose 2bps to 2.81%
- Australia 10-year bond yield rose 2bps to 3.33%
- Gold spot up 0.4% to $1,853.65
- Brent futures up 0.9% to $113.53/bbl
- 9am: (AU) May S&P Global Australia PMI Servi, prior 56.1
- 9am: (AU) May S&P Global Australia PMI Mfg, prior 58.8
- 9am: (AU) May S&P Global Australia PMI Compo, prior 55.9
- 9:30am: (AU) May ANZ Roy Morgan Weekly Consumer, prior 89.3
- 11am: (AU) Australia to Sell A$150 Million 0.25% 2032 Bonds
Asian stocks look likely to get a fillip Tuesday from a rally on Wall Street and more Chinese measures to boost the world’s second-largest economy.
The dollar and bonds fell. The euro climbed after European Central Bank Chief Christine Lagarde said higher interest rates are coming in July.
Equities have been volatile as investors assess the outlook for monetary policy, inflation and the impact of China’s strict Covid policies on the global economy. Minutes of the most recent Federal Reserverate-setting meeting will give markets insight this week into the US central bank’s tightening path.
This Meow Mix-up was like a real-life “Pet Sematary.”
A UK couple likely thought cats really did have nine lives after they buried their “dead kitty” in their backyard — only for him to return the next day, like a scene out of the Stephen King novel-turned-horror flick. However, as it turned out, they had interred a different feline.
Fortunately, she managed to track down the dead cat’s actual owner and messaged her, explaining, “I think [your] cat is buried in my garden.”
“She was so lovely,” Danielle added. “I know it sounds weird but I asked her if she wanted us to dig him up so she can bury or cremate him. She said leave him to rest if that’s ok so we’ve planted some seeds there.”
While she still gets flashbacks of the horrifying faux paw, Danielle says she’s “happy that the cat is back because we’ve literally had him since the day he was born.”