- ASX SPI 200 futures little changed at 7,309.00
- Dow Average up 0.2% to 35,611.81
- Aussie up 0.6% to 0.7145 per US$
- U.S. 10-year yield rose 1.5bps to 1.4565%
- Australia 3-year bond yield rose 6bps to 0.91%
- Australia 10-year bond yield rose 2bps to 1.56%
- Gold spot little changed at $1,769.81
- Brent futures up 0.3% to $73.94/bbl
- 9am: (AU) Dec. Markit Australia PMI Mfg, prior 59.2
- 9am: (AU) Dec. Markit Australia PMI Composite, prior 55.7
- 9am: (AU) Dec. Markit Australia PMI Services, prior 55.7
- 10am: (AU) RBA Head of Financial Stability Jonathan Kearns Speech
- 10:30am: (AU) RBA Governor Lowe Speech in Wagga Wagga
- 11am: (AU) Dec. Consumer Inflation Expectation, prior 4.6%
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. Part Time Employment Change, prior -5,900
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. Full Time Employment Change, prior -40,400
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. Employment Change, est. 200,000, prior -46,300
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. Participation Rate, est. 65.5%, prior 64.7%
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. Unemployment Rate, est. 5.0%, prior 5.2%
- 11:30am: (AU) Reserve Bank of Australia Bulletin
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. RBA FX Transactions Market, prior A$723m
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. RBA FX Transactions Government, prior -A$757m
- 11:30am: (AU) Nov. RBA FX Transactions Other, prior -A$2.75b
A 79-year-old woman in Wales has broken the world record for having the largest collection of Christmas baubles.
Sylvia Pope, who is from Swansea, has been nicknamed “Nana Baubles” due to her collection, which comprises 1,760 baubles in total.
The collection is spread across Pope’s home, with baubles hanging from various parts of her home, including her ceiling.
The baubles come from across the world and are wide-ranging in terms of colour and style.
“Sylvia spends months hanging the shiny spheres every year, starting in September to ensure the house is merry and bright for Christmas and for fun ‘Find Me’ games with her grandkids,” states the World Guinness Book of Records.
“The baubles are an eclectic and classic selection of ornaments from all over the world, lovingly collected on her travels, memorable trips to Harrods and Macy’s in New York and from her local Swansea shops.”
The baubles include a quirky lobster, a hamburger, Big Ben shaped baubles, Disney characters and sentimental baubles made by Pope’s grandkids and friends.