- ASX SPI 200 futures little changed at 7,385.00
- Dow Average little changed at 35,592.48
- Aussie down 0.7% to 0.7467 per US$
- U.S. 10-year yield rose 2.3bps to 1.6798%
- Australia 3-year bond yield fell 4bps to 0.72%
- Australia 10-year bond yield fell 2bps to 1.79%
- Gold spot up 0.2% to $1,784.83
- Brent futures down 1.2% to $84.76/bbl
- 9am: (AU) Oct. Markit Australia PMI Services, prior 45.5
- 9am: (AU) Oct. Markit Australia PMI Composite, prior 46.0
- 9am: (AU) Oct. Markit Australia PMI Mfg, prior 56.8
Asian stocks looked set for a mixed start Friday as traders weigh the latest earnings and a looming payment deadline for ailing developer China Evergrande Group. Treasury yields rose amid inflation worries.
Futures slid for Japan, were steady for Australia and climbed for Hong Kong. The S&P 500 edged up to a record but the mood soured after the cash session when Snap Inc. — owner of the Snapchat app — tumbledon disappointing earnings, hurting other technology shares in late trading. U.S. contracts were in the red.
Treasury yields advanced as traders ramped up expectations for the pace of Federal Reserve tightening to fight price pressures stoked by pandemic-era supply chain snarls. Market-implied expectations for U.S. inflation for the next half-decade surged to the highest in about 15 years. The dollar strengthened.
A young woman says that a particularly ‘massive booger’ that wouldn’t come out of of her nose turned out to be a blue bead — which she’d stuck up her nose and forgotten about nearly twenty years ago.
Hannah Hamilton, 22, said that when she was three, she stuck a blue bead up her nose and it got stuck, but she never told anyone and soon forgot about it.
It appears to have migrated to her sinus cavity, where it stayed, undetected, for years.
It wasn’t until recently when she contracted a bad sinus infection and felt a hard, immovable booger at the top of her nose that the memory of the bead came back to her — and with some digging and a painful extraction, she managed to pull the decades-old piece of plastic from her nostril.